Enterprise Information Analyst
Job no: 494411
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Non-Instructional Academic Staff
|| Information Analyst
|| IS Specialist
|| Academic Staff
$55,000 - $65,000
For further information on UW System salary ranges, please visit the following website: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/policies/ops/tc3a1.pdf
|Terms of Employment:
|| Fixed-term renewable
||The Enterprise Information Analyst position is accountable to the Director of Information Services and is responsible for analyzing business processes, designing and implementing business reporting solutions, integrating enterprise applications, and supporting business information systems to meet campus reporting and processing needs.
The Analysis, Design and Reporting of Data
1. Gather and catalog functional-area requirements
2. Develop system specifications and project plans
3. Configure, test, vet, and deploy reporting solutions to meet functional-area needs
4. Document the uses and procedures associated with specialized applications
5. Ensure application and process modifications are coordinated with the University's departments, faculty, staff, and students through campus change management procedures
6. Guide overall application use while taking into consideration input from IT Security personnel and other IT and campus groups
7. Analyse changes to requirements and their impact
8. Process reports and queries as needed
Design and Implement Business Process Solutions
1. Analyze and map functional-area processes
2. Design, implement and support process adaptations and improvements
Integrate Enterprise Applications
1. Design data requirements for campus data stores
2. Assist in the design of integration processes
3. Assist in the implementation of integration projects
Support Business Information Systems
1. Maintain knowledge of available products to meet functional-area applications
2. Support and contribute subject matter expertise to the acquisition of information applications
3. Train and assist users with application testing and troubleshooting
4. Represent department and functional area interests in specialized application projects
||1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, technology or a related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. At least one year professional experience in writing SQL to extract data from a database.
3. At least one year professional experience in gathering business requirements.
4. Communication skills both oral and written that are professional, effective, sensitive and clear.
5. Proficiency in Office applications : Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and calendaring.
6. Ability to work in a team environment.
7. Ability to quickly organize and prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands.
8. Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
9. Ability to learn new applications or complex subject matters quickly and effectively.
10. Ability to think critically and analyze complex or technical information.
11. Strong orientation to customer service for diverse campus community.
12. Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
||1. Professional experience in enterprise business information tools such as OBIEE, PowerBI, QlikView, Cognos or similar.
2. Professional experience in dimensional data modeling.
3. Professional experience in creation of extract, transform and load (ETL) scripts to populate a data warehouse.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Resume, Cover Letter, 3 Professional References
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by September 1, 2017 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date will not be given consideration. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend