Admissions Counselor - Non Resident Recruiter
Job no: 494715
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Non-Instructional Academic Staff
|| Admissions Counselor – Non Resident Recruiter
|| Associate Student Services Coordinator
|| Academic Staff
For further information on UW System salary ranges, please visit the following website: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/policies/ops/tc3a1.pdf
|Terms of Employment:
|| Academic staff, full-time, annual appointment. Some night and weekend work and travel required. Successful applicant must have a valid driver’s license, provide evidence of insurability and be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. The incumbent is subject to a successful criminal background check.
||The successful candidate will be a member of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh undergraduate recruitment and enrollment team. The counselor will serve as a University ambassador and liaison with prospective students, parents/families, high school staff and other community members throughout the state and region. Their primary focus will center on the recruitment of first year students. This individual will be expected to conduct high school visits, attend college fairs and other recruitment initiatives in Illinois as well as some responsibility in other states participating in the Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) to meet the University’s enrollment goals.
- Serve as one of the primary recruiters for Illinois and other MSEP States. Serve as a University representative for high school visits, fairs, college nights and other programs. Extensive travel is expected September through November, March, April and occasionally at other times of the year, including night and some weekend travel. (45%)
- Develop, plan and execute recruitment events and initiatives designed to increase enrollment of students from Illinois and other MSEP states. (15%)
- Meet with prospective students and other guests in the admissions office providing a University overview as well as guiding students through the admissions process. In addition to meeting with students during the week, the counselor is expected to share in a Saturday rotation schedule September through May. (20%)
- Represent UW Oshkosh as needed throughout Wisconsin and other recruitment areas. (10%)
- Assist with other projects and office responsibilities as necessary, based on skill set. Examples may include areas such as undergraduate application review (domestic and international) and serving as a liaison with academic departments. (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Experience working in a collegiate environment
- Capable of working autonomously and exhibiting ethical and prudent decision making
- Ability to travel within the Midwest, including nights and weekends
- Possess a valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in admissions or other related student services area at the post-secondary level
- Knowledge of UW Oshkosh
- Experience working with diverse populations
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by Wednesday, June 21, 2017 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend