University Services Associate 2
Job no: 494883
Work type: Part-time
Categories: University Staff
|| University Services Associate 2
|| University Services Associate 2
|| University Staff
|| $14.25 - $21.81
|Terms of Employment:
||This position provides administrative support to the COEHS as the scholarship (Academic Works) point person, to the Department of Teaching and Learning chair and faculty, the Graduate Program and Clinical Community B Coordinators. With the recent implementation of Academic Works, there is a need to have a single person that is the conduit between the Foundation and the COEHS, which will provide for efficiency and accuracy during the entire scholarship process. This position will also provide administrative assistance with Department of Teaching and Learning office operations. This position works with the Associate/Assistant Dean for scholarship matters.
A. COEHS Academic Works/Scholarship coordination and department management of scholarship applications and awards process
B. Program support assistance for the Graduate Program Coordinator
C. Secretarial support to the department and faculty members of the Department of Teaching and Learning
D. Program support assistance to the Block B coordinator
E. Management of textbook adoption and desk/exam copies
F. Providing support to COEHS student organization(s)
||1. Ability to manage complex issues, effectively organize work to meet multiple and impending deadlines and maintain attention to details while taking direction from multiple stakeholders.
2. Knowledge of complex, interactive information system such as PeopleSoft Student Information System, especially the functions of Student Enrollment and Transcript Request.
3. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Access and Google
4. Knowledge of purchasing, travel expense reporting, budget tracking and reporting methods, and requisite systems (i.e. WISDM, PeopleSoft) and other general bookkeeping knowledge.
5. Knowledge of UW System Student Appointment timekeeping systems.
6. Ability to learn and apply new software applications to optimize efficiency.
7. Effectiveness, sensitivity and clarity in communication.
8. Proficiency with Basic web content management systems such as Plone
9. Above average decision-making, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
10. Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
11. Ability to write grammatically correct correspondence, speak and convey thoughts clearly and interact considerately with others.
12. Organizational skills related to records management, collection and interpretation of data and course scheduling.
13. Ability to interpret and apply University, College and Departmental procedures and policies with regard to academic and administrative processes.
14. Ability to exhibit initiative and independent judgment, supervision only as needed in conjunction with tasks and projects.
||1. The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of recent, relevant administrative support experience as well as advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Access, and Excel. The preferred candidate will also have a minimum of a 2-year Associate Degree from an accredited institution.
2. The preferred candidate will have a working knowledge of PeopeSoft, including accessing students/course/faculty information, and familiarity of student grade/program appeals procedures.
3. Knowledge of University Policies in relation to development of new programs/courses/certificates is desired.
4. Special consideration will be given to candidates with familiarity of DPI Licensing requirements and ePortfolio Systems.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
3 Professional References
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by September 6, 2017 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend