|| Associate Vice Chancellor for Faculty and Academic Affairs (Internal Search)
|| Associate Vice Chancellor (Internal Search)
|| Limited Appointment
|| Up to $120,000
|Terms of Employment:
||The functions of this position include, but are not limited to, administration of faculty and instructional academic staff human resource management issues regarding recruitment, retention, renewal, tenure, promotion, and terminations. This position is also responsible for handling communication between Academic Affairs and faculty/academic staff; revision and implementation of policies incorporated in, and maintenance of, the University Faculty and Academic Staff Handbook in cooperation with shared governance bodies; participate in conflict resolution for faculty, academic staff, and student issues not resolved at previous levels; Academic Affairs representative to the Student Care Team; Member of the International Education Emergency Response Team, and miscellaneous academic issues and activities as assigned. Units reporting to this position include: Office of International Education, the Student Opinion Survey Program, Testing Services, and the Office of Student Research and Creative Activity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administration of Faculty and Academic Staff Human Resource Issues – 40%
- Orientation for new faculty and instructional academic staff
- Academic leadership workshops
- Appointment/Retention/Renewal and Nonrenewal/Promotion/Tenure/Post Tenure Review/Separations/Title Change/Salary Equity
- Supervision of university and academic staff members in the Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Conflict resolution/Complaints/Grievances for faculty and instructional academic staff that do not fall under the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access or the Human Resources Office
- Coordination with the Chancellor’s Office, The Equal Opportunity and Access Office, and the Human Resource Office in regard to personnel issues
- Provost’s representative at various University of Wisconsin System meetings
- Back-up to Provost, in his absence
- Faculty and Academic Staff Policy Consultations – 20%
- Policy development, interpretation, revisions, communication
- Liaison between administration and faculty/academic staff groups
- Faculty and instructional academic staff investigations, consultations with University of Wisconsin System legal counsel, etc.
- Supervision and general administrative – 20%
- Supervision and administrative oversight of International Education, Testing Services, and Student Opinion Survey Program
- Participation in budget development / maintenance process for units that report to this position.
- Coordination of administrator evaluation process
- Coordination of various administrative search and screen committees
- Signature authority for immigration documents for foreign faculty and academic staff
- Supervision of annual administrative calendar
- Committee Leadership and Involvement – 20%
- Administrative representative on the following committees – Salary Equity; Senate of Academic Staff; Compensation; various awards, fellowships; Students Care Team, Client Relations Management and University Marketing and Communications Advisory Group, and Constituent Relationships Management Council
- Member of the following groups: Leadership Council, Provost’s Administrative Staff and Chancellor’s Administrative Staff
||Candidates should present evidence of:
- Administrative experience in higher education
- Doctorate or appropriate terminal degree
- Must be eligible for tenure and rank of full or associate professor
- Demonstrated record of, and commitment to, teaching, scholarly activity, and service
Candidates should present evidence of:
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Experience and commitment to shared governance environment
- Commitment to faculty development
- Administrative experience in a university system
- Energetic, open, and collegial administrative style
- Willingness to foster academic diversity and inclusive excellence as well as the capacity to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Letter of Interest, Resume, and contact information for three references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by October 4, 2017 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration. This is an internal search that will only consider current UW Oshkosh employees.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.