Assistant/Associate Professor of Literacy and Language
Job no: 495907
Work type: Full-time
|| Assistant/Associate Professor of Literacy and Language
|| Assistant/Associate Professor
|Terms of Employment:
|| Fixed-Term Renewable
||The Department of Literacy & Language at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh seeks a tenure-track faculty member at the Assistant or Associate level. The person in this position will teach undergraduate courses on campus, with an emphasis on the literacies of early and middle childhood, and graduate courses in the MSE-Literacy program both on campus and in cohorts throughout Wisconsin. In addition, this person is expected to maintain an active program of research and publication and provide service to the department, college, university, PK-12 community, and profession.
The Department of Literacy & Language provides graduate programs leading to a master’s degree, licensure as a reading teacher and reading specialist, and a certificate in literacy coaching and provides undergraduate courses in literacy for all teacher preparation programs offered by the College of Education and Human Resources. Faculty members in this department are committed to local, state, and national leadership in literacy and to a vision of literacy teaching and learning that is multimodal, constructivist, and equitable.
1. Doctorate (ABD considered) in appropriate field
2. At least three years' teaching experience in Pk-12 setting
3. Experience teaching in or leading literacy programs in early childhood or elementary school settings
||1. Experience teaching in higher education
2. Experience facilitating professional development for PK-12 educators
3. Experience leading a literacy program in a Pk-12 setting
4. Evidence of collaborative activities in teaching, research, or service in Pk-12 or higher education
5. Experience with edTPA and the Foundations of Reading Test for Wisconsin (FORT)
6. Record of scholarly publication
7. Established research agenda
8. Record of engagement (leadership, committees, conference presentations) in local, state, and national professional organizations
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, philosophy of teaching (one page maximum), summary of research agenda (one page maximum), and the names and contact information of three references, addressed to the Search and Screen Committee in the Department of Literacy & Language at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by October 9, 2017 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend