|| Associated Facilities Planning Specialist
|| Associated Facilities Planning Specialist
|| Non-Instructional Academic Staff
$36,790 - $48,221
For further information on UW System salary ranges, please visit the following website: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/policies/ops/tc3a1.pdf
|Terms of Employment:
||This position reports to the Director of the Planning and Construction. The Planning and Construction department, which is part of Facilities Management, is responsible for providing planning, design and construction services for 3.3 million GSF of space within 57 buildings in addition to oversight of leasing and facility usage agreements for the UW Oshkosh campus.
This position is responsible for assisting with space management planning activities and office space design; designing and overseeing complex interior improvement projects; reviewing design and construction activities; and developing specifications for procurement of furniture. Act as UW Oshkosh project manager for the design and construction of renovations, remodeling and new construction by directing the work of project architects/engineers, building construction representatives and campus staff to assure that the project is completed in accordance with approved programs, schedules and budgets; or review plans for compliance with building codes; and recommend and approve finish material selection. Develop, select, specify, requisition and oversee furniture, ergonomic equipment and finishes for all space on campus.
In addition, the position develops and maintains a sophisticated computer-aided design data base system which includes office space inventory and management system for campus buildings. This position exercises considerable independent initiative and independent judgment in establishing daily priorities in activities, and makes decisions involving space management planning and design with upper level agency representatives typically without the supervisor present. Work will typically be performed under general supervision.
A. Work with end user(s) to determine remodeling needs and develop proposed solutions, conferring with architectural, mechanical and electrical engineers to establish feasibility and effect of space layout plans and furniture on the building's heating, cooling, ventilation and electrical and data communications systems. Make recommendations on scope and impact regarding proposed floor plan changes.
B. Complete construction cost estimates and timelines for new construction, remodeling and renovation projects. Prepare life cycle cost analyses of development alternatives.
C. Develop Divisions 2-13 and Division 16 construction specifications for assigned projects.
D. Act as project manager for the design and construction of projects by directing the work of architects/engineers, building construction representatives and owner/agency staff to insure that the project is completed in accordance with approved programs, schedules and budgets.
E. Manage the interior improvement construction projects at the various buildings, tracking schedules and costs, coordinate work with tenant representatives and oversee compliance with construction specifications.
F. Prepare bidding and construction contracts for projects delegated to this campus. Review and approve contract change orders. Approve consultant and contractor pay requests. Carry out construction contract administration to ensure compliance with design plans and specifications and the approved budget. Complete final project inspections, punch lists and final project closeout documents.
G. Evaluate contractual facilities designers and review their work for compliance, accuracy and conformity to codes and standards.
H. Perform a high level of interior design work on furniture layouts and small interior remodeling projects using AutoCAD.
I. Determine interior finishes for assigned projects including recommending colors and material selections to the end user(s).
J. Supervise construction and develop final punch lists for assigned projects.
K. Work with Badger State Industries, and other furniture vendors, to quote campus developed furniture designs, review their final CADD drawings for compliance with our designs and verify Bill of Materials is correct.
L. Oversee furniture installations, develop punch lists and follow thru till all work is completed, on assigned projects.
M. Develop, assemble and maintain an adequate library of space management resource materials for use in office space design
N. Maintain a current and comprehensive knowledge of architectural, construction and interior design principles and practices.
O. Ability to communicate graphically through hand sketching to convey possible solutions to problems, detail out building conditions etc. is desirable
A. Modify the existing field verified drawing files to reflect the campus’s established standards.
B. Establish, maintain and update as needed, a server based, campus drawing symbols library which reflects the universities needs versus industry available symbols.
C. Create accurate field measured floor plans for all campus buildings that do not have existing field measured plans.
D. Provide project CADD drafting support to the director, senior project manager and facilities designers in completing construction drawings for in-house projects, bid packages, and furniture projects.
E. Provide on-going floor plan updating as projects are completed and as-built conditions can be determined. Position will be responsible for verifying as-built conditions.
F. Expand building floor plan files, once initial development phase is completed, to include existing ceiling/lighting layouts and electrical/telecommunications information.
G. Work with telecommunications staff to support interface of AutoCAD files with their database.
H. Position requires the ability to read and understand architectural, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and structural floor plans and details.
I. Use architectural and engineering scales and use/understand building industry terminology and nomenclature.
J. Use mathematics/geometry principles as it relates to reading, drawing, understanding floor plans and calculating square footage. Accuracy in spelling is required.
A. Work with campus IT staff related to the department’s networked printers and drawing plotter as well as technical problems related to AutoCAD software/ hardware interface.
B. Communicate with architectural and engineering consultants to convey university CADD information for projects designed by outside consultants.
C. Prepare documents using Microsoft Word and Excel.
D. Use Microsoft Access database software for developing project documentation.
E. Accomplish other duties as assigned.
||1. A two-year building industry (architectural, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, civil) drafting/design degree, and two years architectural drafting/design experience in an Architectural environment, with a minimum of four years total, using AutoCAD R2010 or higher software. Six years drafting/design experience (minimum four years using AutoCAD 2007 or higher software) in an Architectural environment will be considered equivalent.
2. Knowledge of conceptual/technical interior design and space planning.
3. Knowledge of project proposal preparation and budget development.
4. Knowledge of project production, design and planning methodologies.
5. Knowledge of building design, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
6. Knowledge of standard procedures pertaining to purchasing and construction practices, administrative processes for project management, and policies of the university and state.
7. Skill in organization, evaluation and presentation.
8. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, conflict management, and oral and written communication skills.
9. Skills in AutoCAD, Excel, Access, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint for the design, drawing and management of construction projects.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as a member of a team with associates, other agencies, the public, and customers.
11. Ability to interpret architectural project drawings.
12. Ability to create architectural project drawings.
13. Ability to develop and create new ideas and methods that will assist the department in problem-solving and improve the efficiency of the department's operation.
14. Ability to exercise independent judgment in establishing daily priorities in interior design and CAD management for self and students. Exercise project planning, project management, assignment, delegation, prioritization and organization skills.
15. Ability to perform 3-D rendering in AutoCAD R. 2011 or REVIT 2011.
16. Good working knowledge of computer aided drafting and design software on a personal computer is a requirement of this position.
17. Physical requirements of the position are the ability to walk around campus, climb ladders, carry large sets of building plans, read a measuring tape, etc. A number of areas that this position will need to access are not fully accessible due to stairs, narrow doorways, equipment layout etc.
||1. Knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD 2010 and/or Architectural Desktop is a plus.
2. Knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD 2011 and/or REVIT is a plus.
3. The ability to communicate graphically through hand-sketching to convey possible solutions to problems, detail out building conditions, etc. is desirable.
4. The ability to complete small drafting projects using hand-drafting techniques is desirable.
5. Bachelor Degree from accredited institution is preferred.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by September 27, 2017 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.