Under general supervision, the incumbent will provide assistance for recruitment and staffing, titling, PageUp applicant tracking system management, and backup for data entry processing of personnel transactions for all employees on the UW Oshkosh campus.
This position requires exceptional customer service by establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with co-workers, supervisors, employees and all customers; must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information with tact and discretion; will use effective team skills to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the Human Resources Office. Standard working hours are 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Recruitment Support - 40%
1. Act as a point of contact with administrators, directors, managers, supervisors, etc., to provide recruitment and selection options/processes, organization analysis, special recruitment needs, methods and approval processes
2. Advise and assist hiring unit with all facets of recruitment: position description development, recommend and develop recruitment strategies, assessment tools development, position announcement development, orientate the Search and Screen Committee; approve appropriate interview format, interview
3. Monitor and document the hiring/selection process; work with Equity and Affirmative Action to ensure equal opportunity and/or affirmative action goals have been considered; and determine appropriateness of the assessment tools development and selection process
4. Confer with administrators, directors, managers, supervisors, etc., to prepare, complete and retain recruitment paperwork and processes according to UW Board of Regents and the University of Wisconsin System UPS Operational policy
5. Communicate with candidates and the general public about employment opportunities, application and recruitment processes; resolve issues/complaints
6. Develop and maintain professional relationships with colleges, university and community businesses, including scheduling and attending job/career fairs, as a source to generate qualified applicants and to meet affirmative action goals and initiatives
7. Develop and manage recruitments for short term vacancies (university staff temporary positions)
8. Monitor the portions of the website that pertain to recruitment and classification (titling)
9. Assist the Human Resources Assistant-Advanced with reviewing recruitment and hiring processes, recommend and implement approved changes. Using policies and procedures, work with appropriate staff to communicate processes to the campus community, search chairs, etc.
10. Respond to inquiries from other campus departments and offices for information on the recruitment process, the progress of recruitments, new hire information, titling, etc.
11. Update organizational charts
12. Participate as a member of the Titling Committee for University and Academic Staff
Applicant Tracking System Support – 30%
1. Ensure the posting of vacancies to the UW Oshkosh website and other venues, as appropriate, including social media
2. Maintain a thorough knowledge of the functionality of PageUp
3. Provide support to Search and Screen Committee/Panel Chairs and members along with other administrative users of PageUp
Performance Management – 15%
1. Track annual performance reviews
2. Review performance reviews and forward those needing attention to appropriate staff
3. Send out reminders to supervisors for four and six month reviews
Back up to HR Assistant for Personnel Transactions – 10%
1. Assist with generating and emailing contracts for new hires and rehires
2. Assist with scanning PTFs into Google Drive; route and disperse accordingly
3. Assist with generating memos for FTE changes and other correspondences as needed
4. Assist with entering new hires in PageUp
Miscellaneous – 5%
1. Serve on various human resource committees and participate in weekly meetings.
2. Review and provide suggestions on forms and processes for re-engineering and to develop efficiencies.
3. Occasional travel to Madison and other destinations for related conferences and meetings.
||1. Effective oral and written communication skills to communicate and interact with a diverse community (e.g. internal customers: co-workers, staff; external customers: guests, the general public and governmental agencies) in person, through written correspondence and via the internet (e.g. email).
2. Intermediate computer skills to prepare documentation; perform data entry and retrieval utilizing word processing (e.g. MS Word), spreadsheet software (e.g. MS Excel), interactive database systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) and web site maintenance (e.g. ).
3. Ability to work independently, plan and organize complex tasks, problem solve, establish priorities and complete multiple tasks in stressful conditions.
4. Ability to read, analyze and comprehend information and make effective decisions.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and foster teamwork.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality integral to human resources practices; use discretion in responding to confidential matters.
7. Ability to apply customer service techniques and be responsive to customer inquiries and needs with compassion and sensitivity. Respond to inquiries professionally and thoroughly.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by December 7, 2017 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.