||Assistant Dean (INTERNAL SEARCH)
||College of Business Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs (INTERNAL SEARCH)
- Salary Range = $128,000 - $155,000
- Course reassignment = 9 credits
- Summer compensation = 22%
|Terms of Employment:
||The Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs supports the operating plan and strategic goals of the UW Oshkosh College of Business by providing oversight for the Office of Graduate Programs. The Assistant Dean will hold a nine-month, limited term appointment while maintaining a concurrent tenured faculty assignment in a home department. The position includes summer support. The Assistant Dean will teach 3 courses per year and has responsibility for managing up to two cohorts of the EMBA.
The Assistant Dean facilitates interactions between students, alumni, business and education partners and is responsible for leading, developing, marketing, managing, and implementing a strategy for graduate and executive education to grow program revenue. This position reports to the Dean of the College of Business and is responsible for all operational aspects of graduate programs including, but not limited to: program development and improvement, enrollment growth, administration, operations and sustainability, marketing, communications, promotion, and outreach activities to the business community to advance the programs and interests of the College. The Director will work closely with the Dean, Associate Dean, faculty, and graduate programs office staff to ensure the delivery of high quality, AACSB accredited, and business-focused business graduate programs, as well as a growing portfolio of executive education programs meeting the needs of businesses and business leaders.
50% Faculty (Instruction, Scholarly Activities, Service)
- Assigned teaching load within the department is 9 credits per academic year.
- Additional teaching of 8 EMBA sessions (Saturdays) and an international trip.
- Service activities as required to meet departmental expectations.
- Scholarship as required to meet department expectations.
30% Program Management
- Manage the Professional and Executive MBA paths, Executive Education certificate and non-certificate programs, and Leadership Series.
- Work collaboratively with the Consortium MBA to improve CMBA programs and delivery, coordination of class schedules, registration procedures, and all logistical issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Dean and Associate Dean, Graduate Council, Graduate Programs Committee, and graduate faculty to enhance programs.
- Work with department chairs in the scheduling of all graduate courses across all locations and modalities, deployment of faculty, and solution of faculty personal and performance issues.
- Attend the College’s Graduate Program Committee meetings, suggest and champion program revisions that meet the needs of business, serve as a data resource, and explain student perspectives.
- Develop and implement strategies and policies to ensure the continued growth and improvement of the graduate programs.
- Assist the Associate Dean and Department Chairs with the assurance of learning with regard to the learning objectives of the graduate programs, including assessment activities of survey development, data collection, and data evaluation.
- Create and manage a plan to attract, work with, enhance, and assess the performance of faculty and outside providers responsible for delivering a marketable selection of graduate and executive education courses and services.
15% Graduate Office Management
- Oversee all office operations for all locations and centers, including operations, administration, budget, financials, reports, and staff.
- Respond to and resolve student academic and administrative problems.
- Recommend and implement changes to offices operating policies and procedures that enhance program effectiveness and delivery.
- Partner with the College Financial Director/Specialist to establish budgets, reporting and control systems, manage business partnership education credits and balances, manage payments to faculty and staff.
- Evaluate program revenue, expenses and seek additional ways of enhancing growth and profit generation for the College and University.
- Work with the Dean to solicit funds for the MBA Alumni Scholarships and other program needs.
- Initiate, when appropriate, new ventures to enhance the MBA Program, such as new emphases, new locations of delivery, new delivery methods, professional development seminars, delivery at company locations, etc.
- Perform other initiatives and projects as requested by the Dean.
||The qualified candidate will be tenured at the rank of associate professor or full professor, with Scholarly Academic (SA) or Practice Academic (PA) faculty classification, in one of the departments in the College of Business.
The College of Business seeks an individual with a record of distinguished academic and service accomplishments. The Assistant Dean should demonstrate the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
Commitment to support teaching, learning, and student success;
Capability to assume a leadership role in support of the College mission and the ability to contribute to the development and implementation of new initiatives and directions in support of the mission;
Knowledge of MBA market and programs;
Demonstrated commitment to support and enhance diversity and the cultural and global awareness of students, faculty, and staff;
Demonstrated capability to engage in and support faculty research, scholarship, and creative activities as disciplinary contributions and as key elements of the learning environment for students;
Demonstrated academic leadership experience;
Ability to work effectively with diverse campus units;
A collaborative, inclusive, and collegial leadership style;
Skills, experience, and perspective to encourage and maintain high academic standards and administer academic regulations;
Ability to represent the College effectively within and outside of the University;
Excellent analytical and communication skills necessary for "selling," negotiating, and resolving conflict
Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover Letter, Resume, and Contact Information for Three (3) References
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by January 26, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration. This is an internal search that will only consider current UW Oshkosh employees.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.