Job no: 496031
Work type: Part-time
Categories: Non-Instructional Academic Staff
||Student Services Coordinator
||Non-Instructional Academic Staff
||.5 .Depending upon candidate qualifications, additional teaching assignment may be available to bring this position up to 1.0 FTE. Applicants are encouraged to apply to the College of Business Instructional Academic Staff Open Pool (Job ID: 494455) to be considered for the additional teaching assignment.
||$42,167- $45,000 (based on a 1.0 FTE)
|Terms of Employment:
||This position will work primarily to coordinate the internship program within the College of Business as well as work with programmatic activities in the College and University. This position also serves as a vital connector between the College of Business and other units within the University. Additionally, this position works with regional, domestic and international partners to create, strengthen and enhance internship opportunities. This position requires occasional work during evening and weekend hours and some travel.
Internship Program Coordination
1. Meet individually with students to assist them in preparing for their internship search and hold weekly walk-in hours.
2. Represent the College of Business and act as contact for faculty while encouraging communication between the office and faculty in the shared goal of preparing students for internship opportunities.
3. Work with regional, domestic and international businesses/organizations to create, strengthen and enhance internship opportunities.
4. Conduct presentations at meetings of student clubs/organizations and classes. 5. Work with marketing intern to publicize current internship opportunities to students.
6. Approve internship applications through online process and collaborate with Career Services and vendor to ensure system works properly.
7. Meet individually with students in internships as needed.
College of Business Programmatic Efforts
1. Serve as a member of the College to Career Conference committee and take on significant responsibilities in planning and implementation.
2.Partner with Undergraduate Programs Director to take part in each Student Advisory Council meeting to update these students on office objectives and solicit feedback from student representatives.
University Collaboration and Outreach
1. Serve as a college representative on Inclusive Excellence/Diversity Committees and coordinate and spearhead efforts within the College of Business.
2. Provide support to university activities such as Career Service's Career Fairs and Admission's Preview Days.
3. Serve on other college and university committees as needed or requested.
4. Collaborate with other office on campus to provide resources such as Career Services, Academic Advising, Admissions and the Counseling Center.
5. Other duties as assigned by the Professional Development Director.
Education: Bachelor's Degree Experience: Demonstrated experience in higher education programming is required.
Working knowledge of student professional development process and current career issues;
Excellent presentation skills along with strong oral and written communication skills;
Experience with MS Office, Handshake (or comparable university recruiting platform), online databases, and operating AV equipment is required.
Work schedule includes working regular business hours and nights, weekends and some travel for site visits.
||Education: Master's Degree Experience: Student advising specifically to internships.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by January 23, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend