||Reporting to the Public Relations Director, this position assists with processing new student applications, coordinates and manages the office reception area, schedules on-campus visits, maintains exceptional customer service for all guests and utilizes technology (PeopleSoft, Salesforce) to track student records and maintain data. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Coordinate on-campus visits and manage front desk office area. (40%)
- Take visit reservations, schedule appointments with admissions staff and department faculty, generate electronic parking permits, use Salesforce CRM to schedule tours and send confirmation information, and send follow-up communication to campus guests.
- Track and oversee daily visit totals, closing or opening dates in Salesforce's registration system as staffing allows.
- Coordinate tour guide schedules and make provisions for adequate staffing levels, calling or rescheduling tour guides as necessary.
- Train and provide ongoing updates to permanent staff and any student employees who perform front desk responsibilities.
- Assist in the daily supervision of Titan Gold Corps student tour guides, summer ambassadors and other student employees who interact with the front desk area on a regular basis.
- Provide reservation and scheduling assistance for all admissions special events, including Titan Preview, multicultural preview days and Saturday visits.
- Respond to all email and postal mail requests, logging inquiries in Salesforce as needed.
- Coordinate timely and efficient processing of daily mail.
- Provide accurate referral information to admissions guests and phone/email inquiries as needed.
- Assist with ordering giveaway items and printed documents for office use.
- Ensure that visit materials and visit bags are adequately prepared for campus guests.
- Process and review new student applications, including degree- and non-degree-seeking applications. Hold campus authority rights for UW System electronic application system. (28%)
- Assist with creating new student records using the student information system (PeopleSoft).
- Using source documents, employ audit trail to verify accuracy of data.
- Determine distribution and distribute application materials to other processors and examiners.
- Assist with hiring, training, monitoring and supervising temporary student staff who work in application processing; relay and teach procedural changes on a timely basis.
- Along with peers, develop and determine processing methods, implement methods and evaluate outcomes.
- Prepare documents for imaging process. Scan and link documents in ImageNow as time allows.
- Serve as a campus liaison between UW System and UW Oshkosh regarding the common admissions application.
- Know the technology points of contact for UW System and UW Oshkosh to determine intervention source for questions, problems, etc.,
- Oversee the daily download of electronic applications and routing to EPCS and imaging systems.
- Evaluate incoming documents for completeness and be able to identify inconsistencies and missing materials.
- Respond to prospective students, parents and other guests on admissions policies and practices. (20%)
- Communication admissions policies and procedures to prospective students, parents, faculty and other guests using oral, written and electronic means.
- Refer questions to a counselor or other specialist as necessary. Maintain comprehensive information about the various referral sources to determine if a referral is necessary.
- Record all communications with prospective students in Salesforce CRM system to ensure accurate student inquiry history.
- Provide clerical support to the admissions office. (7%)
- Update all office calendars using the Google Calendar system.
- Schedule meetings and reserve space as necessary.
- Collect, document and analyze statistics on visitors and communication forms using Salesforce CRM reporting tools.
- Accept payments delivered to the front desk and process receipts accordingly.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned. (5%)
- Assist with special projects.
- Review final high school transcripts for graduation and passing grades.
- Assist with office mailings.
- Recognize and respect the value of campus diversity, demonstrating inclusivity.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a calm, pleasant, optimistic and gracious demeanor at all times.
- Ability to problem solve in a professional and helpful manner.
- An orientation to and strong skill set in a student service/customer service support environment.
- Thorough understanding or ability to learn the admissions office role within the University.
- Thorough understanding or ability to learn the admissions application procedures and comprehensive application review process.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Ability to listen, negotiate and build relationships.
- Thorough understanding of the admissions technology systems, such as PeopleSoft, ImageNow and Salesforce CRM.
- Proficiency in word processing software, such as Word; working knowledge of spreadsheet software, such as Excel; and presentation software, such as PowerPoint, to effectively complete responsibilities.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by Friday, May 25, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.