Web Marketing Specialist
Job no: 496365
Work type: Full-time
Categories: University Staff
||Web Marketing Specialist
||$13.70 - $16.35 per hour
|Terms of Employment:
||The web marketing specialist will be responsible for supporting the University's web brand by creating and maintaining engaging websites with audience-focused messaging and marketing. This position is responsible for researching top practices, developing high-quality content and working with clients across campus to help meet institutional goals. This position is a critical member of the digital marketing department with the responsibility to assist in the creation of and maintenance of the online brand and websites for the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
- Assist in the transfer of web content from Plone Content Management System to WordPress.
- Build engaging and informative websites that meet recruitment and communications goals.
- Conduct research of market/competitor/relevant websites and perform interviews with clients (University faculty and staff) to collect information on website structure, content, functionality and interactivity.
- Analyze research and interview results to recommend and define web page structure, content, functionality and interactivity needs in collaboration with the digital marketing department and clients.
- Perform keyword research using multiple online tools (e.g. Google Adwords, Keyword Discovery).
- Create web pages using prepared files and WordPress content management
- Design site structure, update and maintain web site to meet the criteria mandated by the Federal Rehabilitation Act - Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Accessibility Standards and the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh website development guidelines.
- Recommend website functionality to clients (faculty and staff) who request web pages.
- Build interactive online web forms.
- Analyze existing websites, perform keyword research, and recommend changes/additions to clients for improvement of structure and content, functionality and interactivity.
- Generate and analyze Google Analytics reports (or a comparable tool) and make website changes as necessary.
Demonstrated experience using content management systems for web.
Strong communication skills that are clear, effective and sensitive, whether in person, by telephone or in writing.
Ability to create interactive forms for RFIs and lead-generation.
Knowledge of image editing software to create and edit JPG, GIF, PSD and PDF image file formats.
Skilled proficiency to edit and proofread the work of other department employees.
Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style to be used consistently in all web content.
Knowledge of web analytics reporting using Google Analytics or a comparable tool.
Knowledge of MS Office software applications.
Associate or Bachelor's degree in marketing, interactive web management, journalism or related area.
Experience working in higher education.
Experience with WordPress
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
- Cover letter
- Contract information for three references
- Samples of website work (portfolio, links to websites with a description of work, etc.)
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by July 25, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend