COLS Student Academic Affairs Officer
Job no: 496398
Work type: Part-time
Categories: Non-Instructional Academic Staff
||COLS Student Academic Affairs Officer
||Student Services Coordinator
||Non-Instructional Academic Staff
|Terms of Employment:
||The position of Student Academic Affairs Officer (SAAO) in the College of Letters and Science will administer and oversee academic policy interpretations, exceptions and options for students with grade or curricular issues. The Student Academic Affairs Officer will work in conjunction with College of Letters and Science (COLS) academic departments and programs, Online and Continuing Education (OCE), the Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC), Registrar's Office, Dean of Student's Office, Student Support Services (SSS), Graduation Project, and the Admissions Office in applying and interpreting curricular policies. The position is an annual 0.5 FTE continuing academic staff position. Schedule to be discussed with supervisor.
A. Administer Academic Policy 45%
- Review and either approve or deny all University Studies Program (USP)/Gen Ed curricular modification for all colleges and degree requirements of all COLS majors.
- Review and either approve or deny Late Course Adds and Appeals to Late Drop for all COLS courses.
- Review and either approve or deny Course Repeat requests for all courses in COLS.
- Serve as chair of the Excess Credit Policy (ECP) Fee Appeals committee. Review all details and make decision.
- Participate in the student suspension and appeal process.
B. Student Advising & Success 25%
- Evaluate and make decision of requests from COLS students to register for OCE courses.
- Work with both the UARC advisor and student selected committee to review and ensure proposed course of study for Individually Planned Major meets all degree requirements.
- Collaborate with Project Success and departments to help students meet math, foreign language, and other degree requirements.
C. Collaboration 25%
- Give department, office, or College presentations upon request.
- Attend all USP Implementation Team weekly meetings, as possible.
- Attend all Academic Policies Committee (APC) bi-weekly meetings as possible.
- Attend all Letters and Science Council monthly meetings, as possible.
- Attend all COLS divisional monthly meetings, as possible.
D. Additional duties and projects as assigned by the Dean 5%
- Masters degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skills, experience, and perspective to encourage and maintain academic standards and administer academic regulations
- Commitment to support teaching, learning, and student success
- Ability to represent the College effectively within and outside of the University
- A collaborative, inclusive, and collegial leadership style
- Demonstrated commitment to support and enhance the diversity and cultural and global awareness of students, faculty, and staff
- Experience teaching and advising at the college level
- Record of distinguished academic and service accomplishments
- Capability to assume a leadership role in the College and the ability to contribute to the development and implementation of current and new visions and directions
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Copies of transcripts (official copies required upon hire)
Contact information for three references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by August 21, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend