I. Programming (40%)
• Assist Director to create, develop, and facilitate programs and collaborate on projects for the LGBTQ Resource Center
• Develop a Calendar of Events for each semester.
• Coordinate the Harvey Milk Commemorative Dinner:
Coordinate designing and printing of posters and programs
Coordinate speaker contracts
Coordinate table reservations and collection of money
Assist with silent auction
• Coordinate catering of various occasions, including the selection of menu items, ordering, and the completion and routing of food requisition forms
• Coordinate LGBTQ Resource Center sponsored events:
Obtain any materials necessary
Be responsible for set-up and take-down
Obtain parking permits as needed for speakers and panel members
Announce on faculty announcement list, HOPE Listserve, and LGBTQ Listserve
• Delegate publicity and logistics of events to students:
Develop posters for printing, TitanVision, and distribution
Announce and promote events on social media
Track and record attendance at all events
Distribute event evaluations and record results
• Collaborate with other campus stakeholder to co-sponsor events with student organizations, student services offices, academic departments, community organizations
• Facilitate and lead LGBTQ Center Programs
Talk-Backs for LGBTQ Film Series (3 per semester)
LGBTQ Queer Game Show
II. Administrative Duties for the LGBTQ Resource Center (25%)
• Maintain LGBTQ Resource Center: make sure the space is secure, organized, and clean; oversee educational use of wall space
• Maintain reception desk: answer phones, greet and assist visitors
• Produce original drafted correspondences and documents using electronic medium: MS Word, Excel, etc.
• Maintain and order supplies
• Maintain files as needed
• Maintain and oversee the regular updating of the website.
• Schedule monthly meetings; take minutes, and post agendas and minutes for the Center’s six committees:
Campus Pride Index Task Force
Harvey Milk Commemorative Dinner Committee
LGBTQ Ally March Committee
LGBTQ Resource Center Advisory Board
World AIDS Day Committee
• Serve as LGBTQ Resource Center representative on committees, as requested/needed; act as advocate for the LGBTQ Resource Center
• Maintain LGBTQ listserve, create brochures, and distribute information.
• Maintain a directory of staff and students interested in events and in volunteering at the Center
• Attend training as requested to learn and become proficient with other programs and software as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned by the LGBTQ Resource Center Director
III. Budget Manager (10%)
• Maintain Financial Records
• Assess and prepare budget recommendations for Center Director
• Assign purchases to correct account.
• Manage the Center’s eight accounts:
O Record all LGBTQ Center purchases, charge backs, deposits, transfers, and any other revenue or expense in the LGBTQ Center accounting system
• Coordinate fundraising drives.
• Review for accuracy and completeness, and provide instruction and assistance, regarding proper submission of TTR forms.
IV. S.A.F.E. Training (15%)
• Coordinate S.A.F.E. Trainings: (25 average per semester):
Coordinate all S.A.F.E. Trainings
Obtain two trainers for each training.
Provide training packet of materials to trainers
Record results from evaluations
Develop and maintain list of professors, IAS, and staff trained on website
Maintain all needed supplies for training activities, including S.A.F.E. manuals
• Co-lead S.A.F.E. trainings (average ten per semester)
V. Serving Students (10%)
• Plan and implement training modules to orient volunteers and interns
• Be daily contact person for interns and coordinate tasks and duties for interns in collaboration with the Director.
• Coordinate projects for volunteers in collaboration with the Director
• Know HRS to assist Director with hiring of STEP students
• Delegate publicity responsibilities to student interns