Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Job no: 496445
Work type: Full-time
||Assistant Professor of Computer Science
|Terms of Employment:
||The tenure-track faculty member in Computer Science is responsible for teaching in an ABET-accredited program, advising majors, conducting research, and participating in a variety of scholarly and service activities.
Tenure-track faculty members are expected to:
- Teach undergraduate Computer Science courses and advise Computer Science undergraduate majors,
- Conduct research and other scholarly work in Computer Science, and
- Provide service to the department, university, local community, and research community.
||An earned Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related field. ABDs with a reasonable likelihood
of degree completion prior to hiring may also apply.
1. A record of excellence in teaching or potential for excellence in teaching
2. An ability and willingness to teach a variety of undergraduate Computer Science courses
3. A strong record of publications in refereed journals and/or peer-reviewed conferences
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
- letter of application
- curriculum vita
- teaching statement
- research statement
- professional activities statement
- undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official or photocopy)
- three (3) current letters of recommendation
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by October 29, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend