Law Enforcement Dispatcher
Job no: 496455
Work type: Full-time
Categories: University Staff
||Law Enforcement Dispatcher
||Law Enforcement Dispatcher
|Terms of Employment:
||The Law Enforcement Dispatcher position evaluates and acts upon information and knowledge regarding safety, law enforcement and the university in general.The position functions in several different capacities to include: dispatcher, records retention and distribution, data gathering and report compilation based on the data gathered, leading and directing student dispatchers, and a number of other administrative duties.
||Responsible for receiving and dispatching non-emergency calls for service, as well as directing callers to the appropriate areas or departments to best serve them. The position is also responsible for monitoring multiple alarm panels, numerous radio frequencies, and acts as the after-hours emergency contact for the campus community.This position is 3rd shift (12am-8am) and is currently Monday-Friday, however applicant must be available to work weekends and holidays as needed.
||1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. At least 2 years of experience in a customer service related position.
3. Ability to operate communications systems, including two-way radio dispatch equipment, multiple-line telephone systems, MDC systems, and alarms systems.
4. Ability to use Microsoft Word functions to draft correspondence and create reports.
5. Ability to use Microsoft Excel functions to create and maintain spreadsheets, sort, filter, and extract data.
6. Knowledge of and experience in maintaining confidentiality with highly classified information and data.
7. Knowledge of and experience using email systems as a significant means of effective daily communication, including mass email lists and professional correspondence.
8. Knowledge of some DOT data and procedures, including driver's license and registration.
9. Some knowledge of Police authority and judicial procedures and practices.
10. Skill to make instantaneous decisions sometimes based on minimal information.
11. Skills in listening, interviewing, and controlling emotions to effectively communicate and gather information.
12. Knowledge of campus area, public and private resources, and community programs.
13 Ability to perform varied tasks quickly, accurately and simultaneously while under stress.
14. Ability to accurately narrate information obtained during call-taking and dispatch processes.
15. Ability to recognize confidential information as well as deny requests you deem to be confidential in nature
||1. Associate Degree or Higher education.
2. At least 2 years of experience in a dispatch/emergency communications related position.
3. Knowledge of the TIME system procedures and NCIC/CIB polices and guidelines.
4. Skill and certification in the operation of Mobile Data Communication Terminal.
5. Time Agency Coordinator and Instructor training.
6. Knowledge, training and experience with Uniform Crime Reporting.
7. Knowledge, training and experience with Clery Reporting requirements.
8. Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and initiate departmental emergency policy and procedure.
9. Knowledge of applicable University work rules, Wisconsin Administrative Code and Wisconsin Statues.
10. Knowledge of complex, interactive database/record management systems.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by September 12, 2018, are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend