A. Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) maintenance and repair
1. Repair and maintain HVAC equipment – air handling units, compressors, condensate pumps, air conditioners, refrigeration controls, steam pressure controls, etc.
2. Repair and adjust pneumatic – electric controls for heating and ventilating equipment.
3. Repair or replace defective motors, compressors, electric pressure controls, valves, etc.
4. Adjust air damper and floor valves to balance air systems and to control air flow rate and enthalpy of return supply and outside air.
5. Replace worn or broken parts, seals, bearings, etc.
6. Repair and rebuild heating, AC, water, etc., pumps and related equipment.
B. Building maintenance
1. Review complaints or other data available to identify problems, locate system, component and/or equipment malfunctions.
2. Inspect and troubleshoot system failures.
3. Maintain, adjust, and regulate building air conditioner systems.
4. Perform seasonal shut down and winterization of all systems.
5. Check and assure efficiency of units.
6. Perform annual maintenance on all major systems.
7. Adjust or replace thermostats and DDC controls (24 volt/low voltage) work on HVAC equipment.
8. Maintain logs on preventative maintenance checks.
9. Complete and process work orders.
C. Maintenance and repair of food service equipment
1. Review complaints and data available to identify equipment problems, malfunctions, etc.
2. Inspect, repair, and maintain a variety of kitchen equipment – gas ranges, steam cookers, dishwashers, small appliances (e.g. can openers, toasters); voltage from 24 to 480 volts.
3. Inspect and maintain refrigerator systems – walk-in freezers, refrigerators and freezers, drinking water coolers, ice machines, liquid dispensers, etc.
4. Repair or replace defective motors, air compressors, electric pressure controls, valves, etc.
5. Repair pulper, Buss-Track systems and garbage disposals for food waste disposal systems.
6. Adjust air dampers and floor valves to balance air systems and to control air flow rate and enthalpy of return, supply and outside air.
7. Repair valves and controls on food service equipment.
8. Assist in the production of the Campus’ bio-diesel fuel program; repair and maintain the digesting and delivery pumps; properly dispose of all by-products.
D. Air conditioning and cooling tower maintenance and repair
1. Perform preventative maintenance work on campus cooling towers. Do preseason cleaning and prep work for cooling season.
2. Repair motors, bearings, fans, and replace belts for mechanical portion of tower repairs. Repair or replace media or sections of tower to assure proper operation and optimum performance.
3. Treat tower to maintain proper chemical and bleed down ratios to assure towers will not scale. Test and adjust biocides and algaecides. Use proper procedures for handling and transporting hazardous chemicals.
4. Drain tower and clean sumps for winter storage. Treat with lay-up chemicals to insure towers do not scale or rust through winter seasons.
E. Swimming pool maintenance and repair
1. Check and log daily readings for Albee pool.
2. Adjust electronic controller to match actual readings as needed for calibration.
3. Assist campus plumber with annual draining and refilling of pool.
4. Add chemicals to shock treatment of pool when needed.
F. Miscellaneous Duties
1. Test and maintain emergency eyewash and shower stations in classrooms and labs.
2. Inspect and maintain fire protection equipment, such as fire extinguishers, hoses, etc.
3. Test and maintain lab and classroom fume hoods.
4. Provide back-up support for the maintenance and repair of food service equipment.
5. Repair and maintain commercial laundry equipment.
6. Other duties as assigned.