The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Center for Community Development, Engagement and Training (CCDET) is recruiting for a staff member to perform duties related to online course development and delivery including publishing online courses, developing and updating Learning Centers, and monitoring registration processes within our Learning Management System (Pathlore). This position will also maintain online purchasing and survey systems, and develop and update CCDET webpages. This position will work in cooperation with state, county and/or other contracted trainers and training program designers. This position requires a high degree of accuracy, excellent critical thinking skills, attention to detail, the ability to work well in a team environment, and being a self-initiator.
15% Goal A: Research, design, develop and edit online training using various distance learning methodologies
- Use previously developed written training materials to produce high quality online course materials using Adobe Captivate or Articulate.
- Provide narration and closed captioning to online courses.
- Edit audio files as needed to meet project needs.
- Incorporate navigation, simulations, video and graphics to enhance online courses.
- Collaborate and communicate with subject matter experts.
- Implement quality assurance and BETA testing for all online training developed.
- Resolve technical issues in online courses.
- Edit, update and modify existing online courses to provide updated materials.
- Coordinate with CCDET LMS team to publish online materials/courses.
- Update and format facilitator and trainer guides for classroom training.
20% Goal B: Enter and Retrieve Data for Workshops
- Course and Class Maintenance, Registration Management
- Enter data for workshops using Pathlore LMS software.
- Verify workshop information including topic, site, trainer, date, and time.
- Enter registration and completion transactions into Pathlore LMS software.
- Correspondence and Communication
- Assist in proofing printed and electronic materials generated by Pathlore LMS software.
- Modify and revise correspondence to adhere to database parameters.
- Develop, generate and send correspondence.
- Answer inquiries about workshops.
- File correspondence and registrations.
- Provide technical and customer support to LMS users.
- Recognize discrepancies, problems, and errors to realize where enhancements or revisions must be made.
20% Goal C: LMS (Pathlore) Maintenance and Administration
- Use Crystal Reports to develop, revise and test reports in conjunction with Pathlore LMS software.
- Publish reports to the web.
- Online Courses
- Assist in publishing online course via Pathlore LMS.
- Maintain and revise online courses.
- LMS Database
- Help determine the need for database modifications at the system level.
- Assist in maintaining the structure of the Pathlore LMS database and security using the Pathlore Database Utility.
- Troubleshoot software and computer issues offering technical support through phone and/or email.
- Troubleshoot and solve statewide registration problems and issues.
- Provide Pathlore support to CCDET projects
- Plan, schedule, implement, and evaluate registration services.
15% Goal D: Maintain TouchNet System (online purchasing system)
- Create and/or update TouchNet store webpages.
- Use HTML coding for webpage text.
- Use Photoshop to manipulate photos.
- Oversee fulfillment of purchases and refunds.
- Create reports to control account balances.
- Assist customers by phone or email with purchasing/processing of orders.
15% Goal E: Maintain Qualtrics Survey System
- Create and/or update Qualtrics surveys.
- Create reports as needed to meet project needs and requirements.
- Consult with Qualtrics Administrator as needed on new projects.
- Provide technical support through phone and/or email.
5% Goal F: Maintain statistical data, and develop, run and disseminate project reports
- Compile, write, and produce regular and ad hoc reports.
- Distribute regular and ad hoc reports.
5% Goal G: Website Development
- Create, update and maintain the CCDET webpages.
- Ensure links within the website are accurate and accessible.
- Maintain and update CCDET Facebook page.
5% Goal H: Build and maintain relationships
- Attend CCDET All Staff Meetings (as scheduled).
- Assist in special projects as assigned by the CCDET LMS System Administrator.
- Maintain a working knowledge of CCDET projects.
- Serve as a resource for other CCDET staff as well as partner staff, as needed.
- Under the general direction of the CCDET Associate Directors and LMS System Administrator develop mutually beneficial partnerships with CCDET staff, partner staff, and UW Oshkosh staff.
- Maintain positive relationship with agency management, trainers, and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of experience with database management or Learning Management Systems
- At least 3 years of experience creating, developing and updating websites/webpages using software such as WordPress and HTML coding
- At least 3 years of experience with eLearning design and development software that is used for online course development such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Flash or other eLearning software
- Experience using graphics and audio editing software
- Demonstrate ability to execute initiatives on time and on budget
- Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel with expertise in charts, graphs and reporting
- At least 3 years of experience designing/laying out an online course
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Valid driver’s license, including ability to obtain University Driver’s Authorization through the State of Wisconsin
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check applicable to the work performed
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
UWO is committed to building a culturally diverse employee workforce and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by March 25, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.